At Neurology Associates, patient safety and well-being are always top priority. In addition to our routine protocols to keep patients safe, we are implementing additional measures to guard against COVID-19 (coronavirus) by closely following CDC guidelines and recommendations.
Although we are not currently experiencing any imminent threat, please rest assured that we have a plan in place to keep Neurology Associates a safe facility for both our staff and patients.
Here is a summary of the steps we are taking:
- Ensuring all Neurology Associates locations have access to health supplies as recommended by health officials.
- Staff have been instructed NOT to come to work if they develop a fever, COVID-19 symptoms, or have exposure to someone with known COVID-19.
- In addition to routine cleaning, exam rooms are disinfected in between patients.
- We are asking our patients to practice social distancing if possible in the clinic; please try to maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
- Staff are well aware of the importance of hand washing.
- Following prevention practices and asking staff and patients to support the ongoing wellness of themselves and their families as outlined in the “Wellness Guidelines” below.
- Cough into your elbow and/or use a tissue when you sneeze or cough.
- Maintain at least six feet between you and other people, if possible.
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, ears and nose.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Consider getting a flu shot if you haven’t already.
- Eat a healthful, nutritious diet, get regular exercise and plenty of fresh air, and rest to support your immune system.
- Practice stress management techniques to support your wellness.
- If you start to feel ill, contact a medical professional immediately and do not go to work or another public location.
Neurology Associates is also working to offer remote (audio-video) appointments with our providers. We will distribute more information on that capability as soon as possible.